Timing is a key aspect in real estate and when it comes to selling your home, summer is the best season.
Here are just a few reasons why that is:
- Inventory decreases in June and July. This is typical because inventory often dips following the rush to sell that happens in spring. As inventory drops, competition increases, meaning buyers have a smaller selection to choose from.
- Price benchmarks are established. The spring market usually sets price expectations for buyers so by the beginning of summer, home prices have already trended upward toward their peak. “As inventory drops, competition increases, meaning buyers have a smaller selection to choose from.”
- Days are longer. Because of daylight saving time the sun is in the sky for much longer than other times of the year. As a result, sellers can fit more showings into a single day.
- Landscaping looks its best. Summer is the time of year when most flowers are in bloom and when grass and other landscaping features will be at their greenest. The exterior of your home is just as important as the interior, so this is a huge plus when it comes to showcasing your home.
- Families spend more time together in the summer. Statistics show that summer has become a prime time during which families make joint decisions about their next move. Listing your home in these summer months means the whole family will be available to take part in the decision-making process.
If you or anyone you know are interested in buying or selling a home or if you have any other questions, feel free to contact me by sending me an email or giving me a call. I look forward to hearing from you soon.